Do you want to maintain a top-notch oral health as a senior? If so, our dentist, Dr. Stuart Williams, has some tips for you! There are things you can do to keep your teeth and gums in tip-top shape. Just because some people have unhealthy smiles as they grow older doesn’t mean you have to. For a strong and successful smile, it’s best to do the following things:
– Visit your dentist every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam.
– Brush your teeth two times a day for two minutes each time. As you brush, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
– Floss at least once a day. This can help you have healthy gums and teeth.
– Rinse your mouth with antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash daily.
– Have a healthy and balanced diet. It’s best to avoid sugary and acidic foods and drinks.
– Don’t use tobacco.
– Ask your doctor if you can take a medication (if you take medications) that don’t cause dry mouth.
If you have any questions or if you would like to know more about oral care for seniors in Charlotte, North Carolina, please contact Charlotte Dental Esthetics today at 704-926-5162. Our dental team is here to help you, and we look forward to your phone call!